California has some of the most comprehensive cancer treatment centers in the world. There are many centers that treat mesothelioma and other forms of asbestos related illnesses offering many different treatment options as well as developing new treatment methods.
California Mesothelioma Treatment Centers
- Cedars Sainai Medical Center – 8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles, Ca 90048
- Moores Cancer Center – 3855 Health Sciences Drive La Jolla, Ca 92093
- Chao Cancer Center (UC Irvine) - 101 the City Dr Bldg 23 Route 81 Orange, Ca 92868
- UCLA School Of Medicine – 10833 La Conte Ave Los Angeles, Ca 90095
- UCSF Mt Zion Medical Center – 1600 Divisadero St San Francisco, Ca 94115
- Stanford Comprehensive Cancer Center – 875 Blake Wilbur Dr Stanford, Ca 95817
- Stanford Hospital - 300 Pasteur Dr Stanford, Ca 94305
- UC Davis Cancer Center – 4501 X St Sacrament, Ca 95817
- City Of Hope Medical Center – 1500 E. Duarte Rd Duarte, Ca 91010
- Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center - 8-684 Factor Bldg Los Angeles, Ca 90095
- USC/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center – 1441 Eastlake Avenue Los Angeles, Ca 90033
- UCSF Chest Clinic – 400 Parnassus Ave Fifth Floor San Francisco, Ca 94143
Mesothelioma Treatment Options
There are currently three types of mesothelioma treatments that are considered to be the most administered.
- Chemotherapy – Chemotherapy is intended to stop the cancer cells from dividing therefore stopping the cancer from spreading.
- Surgery – Surgery is an option typically when the mesothelioma is detected in its earlier stages.
- Radiation Therapy - This method of treating mesothelioma is intended to kill the cancer cells and reduce the size of existing tumors.
Please seek immediate medical attention if you are concerned about the development of mesothelioma, cancer, or any other form of illness relating to asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma treatments may be more effective if the cancer is detected early on, making it important to receive an examination from a medical professional.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, then you may be eligible to be awarded compensation for the pain and suffering both emotionally and physically, loss of income due to the illness, medical debt that has mounted, and any other costs associated with a mesothelioma diagnosis. A California attorney familiar with mesothelioma may be able to help you in determining any legal options or legal rights that you may have such as filing a lawsuit.
Asbestos exposure in California is typically linked to the development of serious health problems such as mesothelioma and typically the exposed was working with or around asbestos without knowing the detrimental health effects. Mesothelioma can develop several decades after the asbestos exposure occurred making it important to be vigilant in trying to notice initial symptoms of mesothelioma so that treatment can begin as soon as possible.
Types of Mesothelioma Lawsuits
- Personal Injury Lawsuit – A personal injury lawsuit is filed by an individual who has been diagnosed with mesothelioma or any other illness that was caused by exposure to asbestos. According to the California statute of limitations law, a personal injury lawsuit must be filed with two years from when the mesothelioma diagnosis.
- Wrongful Death – A mesothelioma wrongful death lawsuit is filed by the family of the deceased and must be filed within one year from the actual death in accordance with the California statute of limitations law.
If you or a loved have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, or you were exposed to asbestos and you are worried about health problems that could arise, please feel free to contact us and a mesothelioma attorney in California will be happy to talk to you in free legal consultation.