What Is Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma or “malignant mesothelioma” is a rare and sometimes lethal form of cancer that can develop in the lining of various organs known as the mesothelium. Typically, the development of mesothelioma can be linked to the victim being exposed to asbestos at some point. California asbestos exposure was rampant for nearly a century as industries used as asbestos very heavily in thousands of products and constructions materials. Califonia actually ranks highest in the United States in terms of mesothelioma deaths and diagnosis’. A mesothelioma attorney in California may be able to determine if you have any legal recourse based on the hardships associated with the cancer development.
Types of Mesothelioma
There are three types of mesothelioma treatment considered to be the most common:
- Pleural Mesothelioma – This form of mesothelioma cancer develops in the lining of the lungs and makes up over 70% of all mesothelioma cases.
- Pericardial Mesothelioma – This rare form of cancer attacks the lining surrounding the heart.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma - This form of mesothelioma attacks the lining of the abdomen.
The initial symptoms of mesothelioma may be difficult to pinpoint as there can be mistaken with the symptoms present in a common cold. It is important to recognize mesothelioma early on because mesothelioma treatment options may be more effective if mesothelioma is in its earliest stages.
Mesothelioma symptoms may or may not include the following:
- Persistent Cough
- Chest Pains
- Shortness Of Breath
- Stomach Pains
- Loss of Weight
- Loss of Appetite
- Bumpy Chest Region
If you are experiencing these symptoms please consult with a qualified physician for further medical examination. If you would like to inquire about a California mesothelioma lawsuit, please contact us and an attorney will set up a free legal consultation.
How to hire mesothelioma lawyers in USA
It is proven that mesothelioma is a horrible disease which is caused by the exposure of asbestos. It is statistically proven that victims of mesothelioma almost every time win compensation damages if they pursue a lawsuit. However, the cases sometimes can be a bit complicated, and having a mesothelioma lawyer in the USA is usually necessary to assist in identifying any parties who may be liable for the victimÕs exposure to asbestos fibers (insurance companies, asbestos victim trust funds, or asbestos manufacturers) and the start of the settlement or lawsuit process. Mesothelioma cases are considered to be a specialized type of legal niche, and it is very important to know how mesothelioma lawyers will operate, and understand the process of hiring a good asbestos attorney.
Legal Background of Mesothelioma
Victims who have found out they were diagnosed with the mesothelioma disease will usually have a good chance in recovering a substantial amount of money for damages. They will recover this money from the actual asbestos manufacturers, from the company who installed the material that had asbestos in it, or through an asbestos victim trust fund. However, they cases may become very complex. These asbestos cases can become complex when you look at it from a medical point of view. The reason that it can become complex from a medical point of view is for the fact that symptoms of mesothelioma often will not show up until 10-40 years after the victim has been exposed to the material containing asbestos. This is where an experienced attorney in mesothelioma cases is needed, especially an asbestos lawyer with a successful record.
Having the right mesothelioma lawyer in the USA can be vital to you and your families case. Finding a good lawyer can take a lot of effort and time, and can be difficult if you are suffering from the symptoms of mesothelioma. Having a friend or relative who is savvy can help you make this important life changing decision. This is important because it can make the difference in whether or not you win, and the costs involved.
Different ways in finding mesothelioma lawyers in USA
Try asking your former colleagues for help. If youÕve been diagnosed with the mesothelioma disease, there is a good chance the other people you worked with in the past were exposed to the asbestos also. These people might have already gone through the process of hiring a lawyer dedicated to mesothelioma related cases, and will be able to point you in the right direction. If they have already used a lawyer that they respected, then this would be a great place for you and your family to start.
Another great place to check for mesothelioma lawyers in USA is NoloÕs online lawyer directory. In the Nolo directory you can find lawyers that have created full profiles in regards to asbestos related cases. Here you will be able to find out important information such as their professional background, schooling, personal attitudes, and what legal specialities they have.
California Mesothelioma Treatment Centers
- Cedars Sainai Medical Center – 8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles, Ca 90048
- Moores Cancer Center – 3855 Health Sciences Drive La Jolla, Ca 92093
- Chao Cancer Center (UC Irvine) - 101 the City Dr Bldg 23 Route 81 Orange, Ca 92868
- UCLA School Of Medicine – 10833 La Conte Ave Los Angeles, Ca 90095
- UCSF Mt Zion Medical Center – 1600 Divisadero St San Francisco, Ca 94115
- Stanford Comprehensive Cancer Center – 875 Blake Wilbur Dr Stanford, Ca 95817
- Stanford Hospital - 300 Pasteur Dr Stanford, Ca 94305
- UC Davis Cancer Center – 4501 X St Sacrament, Ca 95817
- City Of Hope Medical Center – 1500 E. Duarte Rd Duarte, Ca 91010
- Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center - 8-684 Factor Bldg Los Angeles, Ca 90095
- USC/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center – 1441 Eastlake Avenue Los Angeles, Ca 90033
- UCSF Chest Clinic – 400 Parnassus Ave Fifth Floor San Francisco, Ca 94143